Sunday, August 03, 2008

July 2008: 4th of July at Moonlight Beach









We had a warm and beautiful 4th of July at Moonlight Beach. My brother got there at 6 am to stake out our spot. Thanks Bub! We got there around 10 and spent the day playing and eating! And of course I managed to step on a bee, yes if you just read the post on our little getaway, I'm sure you are not surprised. I have definitely been identified by the words of U2's "Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?", "You're an accident waiting to happen, you're a piece of glass left there on the beach." At least I learned that not everytime I get stung by a bee do I break out in hives, that was only last time! I also learned from my longtime friend Angie that putting a penny directly onto a bee sting will take the pain away, don't ask me why. The boys had fun in the sand and water as usual. Owen and Eyan were mesmerized by a couple of boys digging a huge moat and wall. They let them climb in and watch. Tate really enjoyed splashing around more than he has before. This is such a fun age. Mike was able to join us for a short while, retail knows only 2 holidays and 4th of July isn't one of them. Sometimes Mike forgets there are other holidays.

2 comments:

  1. I can not believe how big the boys look. Time flies, they are adorable.

    I am jealous that you got a little get away without the kids...are vacations with the hubby great!!

    I hope all is well, we have news. Pregnant again! The funny whole story is on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the updates. Your hair looks great. Your kids are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...