Thursday, December 25, 2008

December 2008: Owen Singing at the Temple






Owen chose to sing in the Children's Community Choir this Christmas season for our church. I wasn't sure if he would want to stick with it through the practices and performances, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much he loved it. Grandma was in the adult choir, so she and he would go together each time. He loves music and to sing but rarely sings on cue, so I didn't know how the performances would go-not to mention he is 6 and extremely active. Besides the normal distractions like the microphones and hammy kids, Owen performed pretty well. His choir was then invited to perform on the Temple Grounds of the San Diego Temple of our church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He was so excited to be able to go. I am so happy that he has such a strong desire to be at the temple at such a young age. Temples are such an important place of worship in our religion and I have tried to create opportunities to be on the grounds with my children. I hope they can feel the peace that resides there. This was a wonderful opportunity, just Owen and I spending time together, a special evening of music honoring our Savior Jesus Christ.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...