Tuesday, July 21, 2009

May 2009: Its That Time Again - 3rd Annual Dix Family Memorial Day Games!!!

I think one of my favorite parts of our Dix Family Memorial Day Games is actually going back through the photos and seeing all the little moments captured - the good, the bad, and the ugly for sure. I love that my family is competitive. Usually we keep the wrap on it, sometimes it gets a little out of control, I'm not going to mention any names Luke. This year we had the whole fam except Jesse.
WARM-UP - I love how its the adults stretching and the kids looking on:-)



THE TEAMS - love the intimidating faces guys!


GAME FACES



3-LEGGED RACE - there's no cheating going on or anything


BLANKET RACE - Dad insisted on playing eventhough he had just had knee surgery not too long ago. Poor Dad he totally ate it but of course had to finish even if he had to limp. Eyan still got the sweetest ride. Did Dad stop after this event? 1 guess.


BIKE/TRIKE RACE -


BALLOON TOSS/FIGHT


FROZEN T-SHIRT RACE *New event this year* I found this idea in one of my favorite mags "Family Fun" last year and have been waiting to try it out. I took t-shirts of all sizes and soaked them in water then folded them and put them in the freezer with wax paper in between. When I said "GO" each person had to unfold their frozen t-shirt and then put it on. Sounds easy, but its not - they are frozen which makes them stiff, stuck together, and freezing!!! It was fun to watch. Owen and Mom won. Liz couldn't even unfold hers-sorry Liz!


AWARD CEREMONY *The new Dix Family Cup - The "Ta-dah!" Trophy * A little inside family joke:-) Why you might wonder why we let Mike & Josh be a team, well they just have so much fun together it would be a shame to split them up. The kids haven't reached the real competitive stage yet, but I'm sure that won't last forever and then they'll have to break up the Dream Team. Here's to our family. Ta-dah!

3 comments:

  1. Briana--your fam tradition of "Games" is so fun. Definately sounds like something we'll have to add to our family activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! You have a cute family! I love Mike's "warming up" pose! We miss you guys!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was lots of fun, thanks for putting it together! I think Josh and mike had a slight advantage over the rest of us seeing as the youngest person on their team was 29 years old. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...