Sunday, October 25, 2009

September 2009: Recipe 4: Strange but Tasty Crock Pot Chicken

I do have to say that I loved the name so I had to try it. I was also drawn to the fact that it is made in a crock pot AND you can put the chicken in frozen!!! No remembering to get the chicken out the night before, fabulous! And the recipe is...

'*•-:¦:-•:*'*•-:¦:-•:*'
Strange but Tasty Crock Pot Chicken
as submitted by Jennifer Anderson



4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (frozen is ok) :-)!!!
1.5 cups any salsa (I chose one of my faves Santa Barbara brand Mango & Peach salsa)
3T brown sugar
1T dijon mustard

Directions per Jennifer:
Put the chicken in the crockpot, mix the salsa/br sugar/mustard and pour over the chicken. Cook on low 6-7 hours or until chicken is done. Serve over rice.
'*•-:¦:-•:*'*•-:¦:-•:*'

Wow, that's it! I've got to remember to use the crockpot more. Dishes like this make me think maybe I could cook a couple times a week at least:-). Is this really considered cooking though?

The chicken was so tender and the name says it all, "strange but tasty". We love Basmati rice in our family. Of course rice in our house has to have Mike's stamp of approval. Unfortunately our rice cooker is on the fritz so I sort of tried to do it in the microwave and didn't realize that having a oversized lid on the dish was not a great idea. All the ooey-gooey steamy residue from the rice dripped off the sides of the lid and all over the microwave. Oh well, the rice still turned out tasting pretty good. I shredded the chicken to make it easier for the kids to eat.

1 comment:

  1. That looks pretty good, I'll have to try it. We only use basmati rice around here, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...