Thursday, May 30, 2013

Extra! Extra! Read All About It! A Twitter Twutorial

twitter tutorial for the sports lover

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!

Instantly connect to what's most important to you. Follow your friends, experts, favorite celebrities, and breaking news.

Not only can you gather info, see what’s up with and talk to friends, and get the latest news - but you can also begin using new words with absolutely no meaning outside of twitter and/or social media! Words such as tweeps (and really just putting a tw in front of any real word.  No, seriously, try it.  Twettiquette.  Yep, that’s used.  Twewbie.  Yep, also used!).  I would define these for you but that would ruin all of your fun finding out on your own.  
Have you always wanted to learn a new language! 
Get lost in an all new list of Twerminology...

Here is the Twitter official bio:
Twitter is an online social networking service and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read text-based messages of up to 140 characters, known as "tweets".
Twitter was created in March 2006 by Jack Dorsey and by July, the social networking site was launched. The service rapidly gained worldwide popularity, with over 500 million registered users as of 2012, generating over 340 million tweets daily and handling over 1.6 billion search queries per day.[10][11][12] Since its launch, Twitter has become one of the ten most visited websites on the Internet, and has been described as "the SMS of the Internet."[13][14] Unregistered users can read tweets, while registered users can post tweets through the website interface, SMS, or a range of apps for mobile devices.

Twitter is a great place.  My favorite of all the social media spaces.  Facebook is just ok....nice for what it does.  Instragram is nice but I don’t really take a lot of pictures...I haven’t caught that bug.  Pinterest is - well - its girly.  I don’t get it.  

But, Twitter! Twitter is awesome.  I can get all of my news and info (and by news I mean sports stuff) in an instant and in short bites often with pertinent videos, pics, and links to articles included.

Not only can you get all of that incredible, relevant news (and by news I mean sports news) instantly in short bits, you can also follow all of your favorite celebrities (and by celebrities I mean sports figures) and get their take on their just completed (sporting) events.

For example:

You can work to ID a song for a Los Angeles Kings hockey player and win two tickets to their next home playoff game. 
What? Seriously? Sweet.

OR 

You can find out when a famous soccer player and his wife’s child is born, what they named the child, and how much it weighed.  
See what I mean? This is important stuff.

You can customize your feed however you like.  Lots of info or just the bare minimum.  If you find yourself lost down the rabbit-hole of ever-increasing mind numbing tweets, you may want to make a commitment of twabstinence.  That’s right! Abstain from twitter for a period of time to get your priorities back in line!
Follow only who you want or need.
I don’t know how this compares to, say, ending worldwide hunger or funding research to beat cancer or Arsenal finally having enough cash to buy a world-class striker (ok, that last one is more personal to me), but Twitter is a nice place to get info quick, communicate with friends and followers, and build community.  
Plus, it’s limited to 140 characters per post which really caters to those who just want the bottom line rather than some long-winded nonsense! 
Yes, the day of short-winded nonsense has arrived!
Ok.  Honestly.  Here’s the truth.  I have no idea what I’m talking about.  If you really want a tutorial on twitter talk to a teenager or someone in their early twenties (I’m almost positive the word “twenty” was in use before “twitter” can about). 
I mean I’m 315 days away from being 40 years old.  I remember reading the newspaper (and by newspaper, I mean Sports section) cover to cover to soak up every last bit of information.  I remember the days before the worldwide interweb.  
So really, I just think it’s cool to be able to get my news (you know...) as quickly as it happens.  No more waiting for a newspaper that has printed day old news.  No more waiting for my older brothers to finish reading it cover to cover while eating their cereal.
Now, I’m much more sophisticated.  I read my news from my twitter feed on my iPhone while eating my cereal! Ha! Take that!

Follow us on twitter for really important posts and updates like these! We can be tweeps! Or twuddies! Or twiends!

@briannezam
@leachwoodmile

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...